What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is the gentle insertion of very fine needles at specific points on the body. This process stimulates movement of energy within the body, allowing natural healing to take place. Acupuncture practitioners are trained to select these points. Acupuncture originated in China over 3,000 years ago. It is part of the holistic system of healing known as Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Acupuncture helps to prevent illness by improving the overall functioning of the body’s immune and organ systems. Acupuncture is helpful for:
- Treating existing illnesses and injuries
- Preventing both recurrence of illnesses and new illness
- Improving overall health
- Women’s issues
- Digestive issues
- Acute & Chronic pain (including headache & migraines)
- Allergies & asthma
- Pre & Post-natal care (including morning sickness, breech baby, & labor induction)
- Stress, anxiety, depression
What is Dry Needling?
Dry needling utilizes filiform needles (short, thick gold needles) placed into trigger points of muscle tissue to help release the hardened tissue.
- Join pain
- Disc. Injuries
- TMD (Jaw pain)
- Muscle Strain/ Spasm
- Carpal Tunnel
What is Cupping?
Round cups are placed on the body and suction is used to decompress the area of concern, this encourages increased circulation and promotes healing and reduces pain.
- Trigger points
- Muscle Sprain
- Overused Injuries
- Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Knee, Ankle, Shoulder, and Knee Pain